Italy // Alberobello, a Trulli Village

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

While working in Italy I was sent to photograph and explore a few cities throughout the Puglia region. The first town I saw was the Trulli Village of Alberobello, which has been a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1996. Trulli houses are white dry stone huts with cone roofs and Alberobello is supposedly the oldest known Trulli settlement in Italy, dating all the way back to the 14th century. Although it was quiet touristy with hoards of tour groups walking the town, it was interesting to see how a lot of people still live normal lives in these houses. I had an old man come out and yell at me in Italian for taking pictures of his flowers in front of his house (I think he thought I was going to use flash and it would "kill" the flowers) and witnessed a small gathering for a wedding in one of the homes. I loved wandering the cobblestone pathways finding beautiful views and capturing the details of this little city.

























































Post Comment
Post a Comment