Back to the basics // Dark Room Photography class at TU Delft

Wednesday, March 16, 2016


One of my biggest dilemmas about moving to the Netherlands was what I was going to do when I was over there.  I researched a bunch of things that I could do while over there but mainly went with no expectations or plans except to relax, enjoy, and explore. Since I wasn't going to be working (besides booking weddings for when we got back) I had all the time in the world (for the first time) to do WHATEVER I WANTED. whhhhhat. So crazy and SO COOL. I bought a guitar and taught myself how to play, I've read about one million books (#dreamlife), and signed up for a dark room printing class through TU Delft, which was amazing.

It took me a while to sign up for the class after eyeing it all year. I kept making excuses because I didn't want to have any obligations or responsibilities, but I'm so glad I finally did because it's been one of my favorite things I've done so far. Unfortunately I didn't sign up until the Winter quarter, so I spent bitter cold Tuesday nights in February biking against the wind and rain to my little haven of dark room chemicals. I met a lot of cool people in the class and had my first real feeling of belonging in Delft riding home with them after class, chatting about life and then peeling off at our respective homes with a double ding of our bells. My prints are one of my most cherished momentos from the year and some of my favorite memories are from wandering the streets taking rolls of film to develop.


Post Comment
Post a Comment