March Recap

Thursday, April 14, 2016

March was a crazy month with a ton of traveling,  little peeks of spring, and preparing for our tidal wave of visitors in the next few months. We started the month off with an unbelievable trip to Portugal (read more here). It was a once in a lifetime trip - everyplace we went was amazing and we completely fell in love with the country.


























The day after we got back from Portugal I had a shoot for an article that one of Jack's co-workers/mentors was publishing. After the shoot I wandered around Rotterdam a bit - I had yet to use my museum card (which gives you free entry to museums) so I stopped by the Witte de With - a contemporary art museum with very... interesting... exhibits. Not going to lie, I was so confused and slightly terrified the whole time, but I guess it was cool to experience?
Witte de With Museum


The next week Jack flew to DC to attend the White House Water Summit, network with politicians, give bomb presentations, and wander the city with it's pretty cherry blossoms blossoming. Unfortunately that was the same week as my 28th birthday, so instead of sitting in our apartment alone I decided to book a last minute trip to Ireland. It was unbelievable. Such a great experience traveling alone, such a beautiful countryside, and such nice people!



When we got back we had a few short days to prep before parents arrived. It was filled with lots of taxes, errand running, working, and a few more museum visits :) We started to see the beginnings of spring around town - some blossoms on the trees, slightly warmer weather, and much longer days. I biked a few miles out of town to the local greenhouse and purchased WAY too many indoor plants to liven the place up, which will all probably die in the next few weeks but it's completely worth it to finally have some greenery around us! I can't wait until it's beautiful and warm out!!

Post Comment
Post a Comment